2 medium onions (diced)- 300g
2 celery stalks (diced)- 130g
1 carrot (diced)- 90g
50g soya mince
100g dry red lentils
3 cans chopped tomatoes (400g each)
2 cans drained kidney beans (400g / 240 drained)
1 can drained aduki beans (400g / 230 drained)
1 can rinsed Bijoux lentils (400g / 250 rinsed)
4 cloves of garlic chopped (14g)
1 tsp chipolte sauce
1 Tbls yeast extract
4 cups of vegetable stock (3 vegetable Oxo cubes)
2 Tbls olive oil
3 Tbls chili powder, 2 Tbls cumin, 1 Tbls Coriander, 1Tbls Cinnamon & 1 tsp cloves
1. Gently sauté the onions, celery and carrot in olive oil over a medium heat until they are soft and the onions translucent (about 5-8 mins).
2. Then pour the sautéed vegetables into a slow cooker or large saucepan over a low heat.
3. Add the soy mince, tomatoes, beans, lentils and stock.
4. Stir all the ingredients so that the mixture is well combined.
5. Add the chipotle sauce and yeast extract to the mixture and stir well.
6. Add the spices and stir well into the mixture.
7. Simmer or cook in a slow cooker for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
8. Taste after an hour and season with salt and pepper.
The recipe was enough for nine servings using two laddles per portion. We had it with cornbread.