Potatoes (450g / 1 lb), peeled & cut into quarters
Savoy cabbage (450g / 1 lb), chopped into strips
8 spring onions (50g / 2oz), chopped
4 medium eggs
Grated strong cheddar cheese (50g / 2oz)
2 Tbs butter or olive spread (30ml)
Fresh grated nutmeg (OPTIONAL)
Oil for dish
1. Heat oven to 180C (350F).
2. Boil the potatoes until they are tender, drain and then mash.
3. Put the mashed potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
3. Steam the cabbage for five minutes (or boil in shallow water).
4. Drain the cabbage and add to the mashed potatoes.
5. Add the spring onions to the potatoes and cabbage.
6. Add the fresh nutmeg.
7. Add the butter.
8. Slowly stir mixture together.
9. Lightly oil a baking dish.
10. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
11. Create four wells in the potato/cabbage mixture.
12. Break each egg and gentle pour an egg into each well.
13. Bake in the oven for around 12 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked.