New potatoes - 300g/11oz
Bag of fresh spinach - 400g/14oz
Mushrooms - 500g / 1Ib 2oz (preferably a mixture of chestnut/shitake/button)
1 cup (250ml) of vegetable stock (vegetable Oxo)
2 cloves of crushed garlic
2 Tbls Soya cream (or crème fraîche or sour cream)
1 Tbls (15ml) olive oil
1 Tbls whole grain mustard
1 Tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1 sheet of puff pastry
1. Heat oven to 200C/390F.
2. Empty spinach into a colander and pour some hot water over to wilt; then strain water and allow to drain.
3. Boil the potatoes until they are tender, then drain and cut into bite size pieces.
4. Cut the mushrooms into bite size pieces.
5. Heat half the oil in a pan and cook the garlic for one minute.
6. Add the mushrooms, mustard, nutmeg, stock and potatoes to the garlic.
7. Simmer the mixture until the stock reduces a little.
8. Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little before stirring in the cream.
9. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and taste.
10. Add the spinach to the mixture and pour into a baking dish.
11. Roll out the sheet of puff pastry and lay over the baking tray and crimp the edges.
12. Brush the olive oil over the pastry.
13. Bake the pie in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until the pastry is a golden brown.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE NUTMEG, LEAVE THIS OUT. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSTITUTE AN ALTERNATIVE SPICE THAT YOU PREFER.
This pie doesn't have a pastry base so is less fattening than regular pies.
Serve with some steamed veggies of your choice.