Previous Posts

Saturday 31 December 2011

Good-bye 2011 - Happy New Year 2012

Tonight another year comes to a close and a new one starts.  But it's more than just another night of Auld Lang Syne. Tonight we take another step away from a path that so many years ago promised so much, but for some delivered so little.

Over the years I  faced many crossroads - crossroads that gave me a choice of destination or just a different route. But what I didn't realise was that I could never retrace my steps and start again no matter which option I chose. The path of life is a perpetual journey forward where we wander along taking detours and crossing intersections and picking up the proverbial baggage along the way. Sadly, if we're not careful, we lose sight of where we started and who we met along the way.

Which  is why tonight my thoughts are of each and everyone I met on my way.  No matter who you are or how fleeting our meeting, you all have left an impression.  I know that I don't know where most of you are or how you have fared on your journey, but I want you to know that you meant something.

The reason I say this is that I took some of you for granted. Naively I thought you would be around for ever and you're not.  Your journey with me ended, some prematurely, some sooner than I had hoped.

So, as I toast a new beginning, I'd like to raise a glass to you all.  Each and every one of you have left me memories of who I was and who I have become.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart and until we meet again.  Hope everyone has a happy and most healthy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment