Previous Posts

Monday 19 December 2011

English Mum's Big Christmas Bakeoff

Over the last month or two I have been getting more and more into baking.  Admittedly, I was chomping at the bit for about six weeks of this time while we went to New York and had our kitchen renovated.  But since I got access to the oven, I have been baking at weekends.  A couple of weekends ago I made a Mississippi Mud Pie for the first time.  Didn't turn out to bad, even if I do say so myself.  But with Christmas around the corner, I couldn't resist to enter the above Bakeoff run by The English Mum.  As I'd planned to bake some goodies for my colleagues at work, I was able to save time by entering my gifts as my entry. It proved a total success, in my opinion, as everyone at work loved my baking.  As for the competition, just entering was enough for me.


Here is the entry I submitted.  The chocolate cup cakes were from a recipe from Holly Bell , the Christmas Fairy Cakes were from a recipe from The Baking Mad Kitchen , and the mince pies were from Edd Kimber.  The cheese biscuits at the front were a tweaked version of one of Dawn's family recipes. They are so simple.  In fact, I'll probably post the recipe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment